How parents define child care varies according to individual family need, but the need for affordable, quality child care is great and growing! Studies by the American Academy of Pediatrics have confirmed that a child’s brain structure is influenced significantly by their environment and experiences during the first few years of life.
Easter Seals Cardinal Hill is working to create a world where:
- Each child born with a disability is given the support necessary to participate fully in life and to have dreams and hopes, successes and achievements.
- Parents of a newly-diagnosed child with a disability are aware of the services and resources available to them and get unimpeded access to all necessary services.
- Children with disabilities are recognized by all as having vital contributions to make to our society.
- Communities value and support children with disabilities and their families.
- Access to appropriate child care is available for children with special needs.
- Families benefit from innovations and new technologies that help children with disabilities be as independent as possible.
MAKE THE FIRST FIVE COUNT®
Easter Seals created the Make the First Five Count program to raise awareness for kids at risk for developmental delays, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other disabilities. Through National Easter Seals, you can find resources like the Ages and Stages Questionnaires®, a free, online screening tool for parents to track their child’s developmental milestones. See below for link to screenings!
HIGH-QUALITY CHILD CARE
A child’s environment and social experience in their first three years of life is critical to their brain development and can have a decisive, long-lasting impact on their well-being and ability to learn. For many parents, this is enough to make finding high-quality child care a top priority. Easters Seals Cardinal Hill and Creative Beginnings responds to the needs and concerns of parents with children of all abilities.